The Order Of The Gilded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of the Gilded

Go down

Legends of the Gilded Empty Legends of the Gilded

Post  Exodius Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:29 pm

"In a world
Where anything is possible...
There are but two important rules;
Die a chivalrous villain for what you care for,
Or live your life out enough to see yourself become the malevolent villain --
But when necessary, remember this...
It is not how much strength that you need that matters;
But what you do with the strength you have at your disposal..."

~Nebulus, the 1st of the Gilded.

Unofficial Theme Song for The Lore of the Gilded

~The Lore of the Gilded~
Chapter 1: Dawn of the Nebula

Solar stood at the centermost edge of the cliff, clad in a hybrid of robes and armor with emblems of the sun, glancing at the golden and white nebula that shone in the sky. He removed his hood, his pale skin, yellow eyes, and brown hair revealing. He folded his arms and squinted at the nebula, obviously confirming it truly was brighter than any other nebula in comparison.

"So... It seems he is at peace, after all... For now." he murmured, being mindful of the crickets and fireflies in the vicinity's fragile environment.
"I guess you're right there, Sun. But what's going to happen if he isn't...?" exclaimed Zera in a low yet loud tone, popping out next to Solar via a rip in the fabric of time used as a portal.
"You're really kidding me," moaned Sun, smacking his hand against his face. "You really don't remember the stories...??"
"Not really, no... And I wouldn't exactly be one to care." replied Zera, shrugging.
"Even I know about the stories, and I have a giant castle empire all the way up to the reach of space just below the clouds!" shouted Sun in a whisper. He touched his index and middle finger to his head, obviously irritated. "But if you want to know, I could always tell you."
"Yeah, sure, why not...? I could use it to kill a few minutes." said Zera, shrugging again.
"Alright," said Sun, in the process of remembering something. He snapped his fingers swiftly, indicating he remembered. "It goes something like this; They say from a legend passed down eons, from generation to generation, that the very reason these golden auroras and nebulae happen because of a single entity on the face of the planet. The current descendant of the ancient Syndicate of the Gilded's power magnifies itself to the very edge of space, creating massive golden and white nebulae and auroras every single time a month. This is this time itself. Only a few people exactly know about who the descendant is, though, since they have to seal their power away except for when needed all the time."
"So, that's all, right...?" asked Zera quickly.
"Most of it, anyway." replied Sun.

Zera then began to jam her staff into the ground, creating another fabric in time to leave. She hesitated, and halted it for a moment.
"One more thing, though," said Zera, curious this time. "Who exactly is the descendant of the Syndicate of the Gilded that's making all of this?"
"Well, alright. You are going to be pretty shocked though as to who it is." said Sun, smirking.
"Who...?! WHO IS IT...?!!" said Zera, anxious.
"Alright, alright..." said Sun, agitated by Zera's tone. "Who the descendant is is none other than my friend... Exodius Radiz NightLore."

~End of Chapter 1~

Last edited by Exodius on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:57 am; edited 11 times in total
Exodius
Exodius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legends of the Gilded Empty Re: Legends of the Gilded

Post  Exodius Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:11 pm

~The Lore of the Gilded~
Chapter 2: Exodius

Exodius was encased in a cocoon of pure golden crystal. He did this every night, apparently, attempting to keep his terrible power at bay and stay sound asleep. The crystal cocoon lay in his bedroom of his massive golden palace, which could be viewed for miles. As a precaution, he had his servants and maids give him tea, milk, deep sleep pills, and anything that might keep him asleep. He was often concerned and worried about what would happen, should he awaken this power, whether being provoked or by his own hand, for his form could wreak violence and bloodshed in any situation, in any place. He despised his power to the core, always asking why the gods above cursed him with this foul power. He considered it blasphemous, and in turn, himself. Almost always, he loathed himself, questioning the very essence of why he was a biological weapon, the bane of the planet itself, so to speak. It pained him on a constant consensus, causing agony and sorrow towards those that knew who he accidentally killed, for some infathomable reason. When he was angry, he vented his rage on himself, because the rage was caused by him, for him.

He truly could not hate anyone -- Or so to speak, anything more than himself. And it was all his fault.

It was the break of dawn, and Exodius had awoken. The cocoon he had sealed himself in during nightfall dissolved, and it revealed the true Exodius. His spikey, yet neat crow black hair, his tan skin, and his pure golden eyes. He streched and yawned. In an instant with a snap of the fingers, he was wearing a golden and white suit. He stepped out of his bedroom, a gleeful smile upon his face. For once, he seemed pleased -- Almost happy, even. He walked down the hallowed corridors leading to his bedroom, and was greeted by one of his servants.

"Greetings and salutations, sir. Had a pleasant sleep, did you?" asked the servant.
"Yes, yes, I did. Thank you." replied Exodius.
"Would you like something for breakfast?" said the servant.
"No, thank you. I'll eat later." responded Exodius.

The servant nodded and smiled, then walked off afterwards. Exodius stepped out of his palace and sat on its steps, eating an apple from the trees growing around. He truly was pleased, obviously due to the fact that he managed to survive the long, long night. Today is bound to be a pleasant day, thought Exodius. Since the gods have seemed to be kind enough to cut me a break and gave me a whole night's worth of sleep. He chuckled, and smiled yet again. He began to hear a fierce rustling in the trees, and then what sounded like a landslide. Moments after, he heard screams and cries of terror.

"Not again..." said Exodius.

He snapped his fingers, and instantly, he was clad in a purely golden and gray armor, a Helmet that resembled the shape of a Dragon, his trusted Mace made out of pure gold that was known as "The Dawn of the Gods", and a gray cape with a thick gold trim. Armed and at the ready, he zoomed at lightspeed through the forest, practically ripping a tide in the wind. He arrived at the scene quicker than one would expect. Dasthur, Dai, and Katsuro, the trio that Exodius cared for like brothers, were warding off someone clad in a black heavily plated armor with spikes covering the legs. Dasthur and the marauder were at each others' necks, their swords struggling against the other. From around them, many citizens of the town the clash was taking place in gathered around them, jeering, cheering on Dasthur, and booing the marauder.

"C'mon! Clobber that guy!" said a citizen.
"Bash 'im to smithereens!" exclaimed another.
"Strangle that no-good bandit's scrwany little neck!" roared a third person.
"You can take 'im, Das!" said Falcon, cheering Dasthur on.
"Teach him what the Relliks can do, bro!" exclaimed Dai, also cheering on Dasthur.

In a split nanosecond, Exodius was strangling the man with one arm, and making his other hand's palm face Dasthur.

"Enough." said Exodius solemnly.

No one dared to say another thing after that, let alone hesitate to say something.

"Now then, Dasthur, let's show this violent excuse for a highwayman what we can do as a combined force!" exclaimed Exodius.
"Sure thing, Exodius." replied Dasthur, in an exclaim, also.

The single blade on Dasthur's armored glove began to glow a sickly green, and Exodius' mace began to shimmer and glow a golden aura. They each bashed him at the same time, and sent him spiraling into the forest. Loud crashes and the screeches of gulls and pidgeons could be heard from the inside of the forest. Soon afterward, Dasthur turned off the sickly green toxin in the blade of his hand, and Exodius sheathed his mace. Everyone began to cheer, and Dai and Katsuro walked up next to them.

"Now then, where to?" asked Dai, raising an eyebrow.
"To the Arena, to watch matches, and then participate in them." replied Exodius.
"You got us passes...?! No way! They get sold out hours after new batches come out!" exclaimed Katsuro.
"I did indeed, Katsuro." said Exodius, showing off four red and golden passes.
"Thanks, Exodius." said the trio of brothers in unison.
"Heh," chuckled Exodius. "It's my pleasure, you three. You guys are practically like the brothers I never had!"
"Alright then," said Dasthur, excited. "To the Arena!"

They all than ran off left of where the scene of the fight was, toward the Grand Arena.

~End of Chapter 2~

Here's a little sample of what my armor in the story, Gilded Champion, looks like!

Last edited by Exodius on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:47 am; edited 4 times in total
Exodius
Exodius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Exodius Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:43 pm

~The Lore of the Gilded~
Chapter 3: Reunion

The four arrived at the Arena exactly on time at the Arena's outskirt gates, intercepted by two large, burly guards in silver plate armor.

"Halt! Do you have permission to enter?" exclaimed one of the guards.
"Yes, yes, we do, sir." replied Exodius. "My name is Exodius Radiz NightLore, and I am one of the viewers of today's Arena battles, including my three companions here.
"Do you have passes?" asked the other guard loudly.

Exodius nodded, and the four revealed their red passes with golden trims. The eyes of the guards widened.

"Y-You have the S Class passes!!" exclaimed the guards in unison. "Please, sirs, we insist you go in immediately."

The guards let down their spears and shields, and took several steps back as the four entered. When they entered, they could see the very pits of the arena, where battles were waged on a weekly consensus, trophies and prizes were won, and history was made. The four moved across the arena in search of their seats, obviously wanting to watch the bloodshed and carnage. They scoured the arena, until Dasthur eventually asked of something.

"Where on Lore are our seats?" asked Dasthur impatiently.
"Over there." responded Exodius, pointing to four chairs that remarkably resembled royal thrones.
"Those...?! How much money do you have...?!!" asked Katsuro in an exclamation.
"Oh, far more than enough to get by." replied Exodius with no general expression.
"C'mon! Let's move it!" exclaimed Dai, already running.

Dasthur, Katsuro, and Exodius joined him, finally reaching the vicinity of the seats. They sat down in their seats, getting comfortable for the action and gore that was coming. There were several other people with those kinds of seats, all of them in in ballgowns, overcoats, or suits. Exodius snapped his fingers and he was in his white and gold suit. He obviously thought blending into the crowd would have people notice him less and not cause an uproar and divert the crowd from the fights.

"Thanks, Exodius." said Katsuro politely, a grin on his face.
"Heh, not a problem." replied Exodius, pleased everyone was happy.
"Nonetheless, Exodius, how on Lore did you even get so much money?" asked Dasthur, purely out of curiosity.
"When my mother and father left me to be raised by all of their household servants, they left me almost everything of their fortune for me to inherit when I came of age. Their palace, their gold and jewels, the services of their maids and butlers, everything they thought I deserved to have." replied Exodius.
"Wow," said Dai. "It's really like that, huh?"
"Yes." commented Exodius.
"Now then, let's get ready for the gorefest." said Dasthur, slightly excited.

They all settled in their chairs and turned their heads, and attention, towards the rocky arena pits. The steel doors revealed the competitors, in one side, a man with long black hair, tan skin, and silver eyes in a robe-armor hybrid fiercely weilding a long, polished, sharpened katana. The competitor on the other was wearing heavy plated armor, was bald, and carried a beard. The two took several paces out of the vicinity of the doors, revealing themselves entirely to the entire crowd. Everyone jeered, howled, and cheered on both of them. Exodius looked around solemnly, and then returned his attention to the two fighting. The eyes of both competitors burned and scorched with the desire of victory.

"Oh, boy, oh boy!!" said Katsuro, truly excited.
"I know." commented Dai.
"The guy with the katana is who I'm rootin' for. He's definitely gonna win." exclaimed Katsuro.
"Pfft, yeah, right! That heavy-plated guy has it in the bag." replied Dai, smug.
"Wanna bet?" asked Katsuro, raising an eyebrow.
"25 gold coins." roared Dai, grinning.
"Heh. Easy gold. You're on." jeered Katsuro.

A bell was heard in the distance, signaling that they could begin. The two clashed, the heavily plated man with his warhammer, and the black-haired man with his katana. To the surprise of most, the clash was perfectly in sync, yet the man with the katana was clashing with one arm. To think, a man in heavy armor with a giant warhammer in both hands against a man in a robe-plate hybrid with a long, thin katana -- And the man with the katana was now winning. The man carrying the katana thrust his arm even more forward, knocking the heavily plated man into the walls of the arena's pit, and did not even try. The man with the warhammer was enraged, zooming towards the man with the katana. The man with the katana simply walked towards the man with the warhammer, and there was a spectacular flash of light and a screeching of blades that could be heard from hundreds of thousands of miles. The flash stopped after a split second and the screeching silenced. To the surprise of everyone, the man with the katana was still standing, and the man with the heavily plated armor was on the dirt floor, blood splattered all around him.

"Pfft... Too easy." the man with the katana said.

The man proceeded to walk out of the arena, his katana sheathed, and his long black hair flowing in the wind. Everyone cheered with excitement, while some booed in outrage. Exodius expected this, that some people would cheer for whoever won, whilst some would be critics.

''Wait a second... I think I know that man!" exclaimed Katsuro.
"Oh, really?" said Dasthur, raising an eyebrow.
"Heck yeah! I could recognize that voice of his anywhere!" replied Katsuro loudly, running off towards the direction of the man.
"What on Lore is he up to?" asked Exodius.
"Bah, I don't care. At least he forgot about the bet." murmured Dai, gleeful.
"I'm going to go see what he's up to." said Dasthur, concerned.

Dasthur ran off, wondering who that man was and why Katsuro knew him.

"Katsuro! Katsuro!!" Dasthur called out again and again. Inside the arena corridors, he could hear Katsuro's voice, and the voice of the man, but couldn't make out what they were saying. He sprinted even faster, his heart beating, and him sweating. He listened from behind a door, and Katsuro's voice was loudest hear. He opened the door, and to his relief, there Katsuro was, safe and sound.

"There you are, Das." said Katsuro, relieved himself.
"Who is this guy, and how do you know him?" asked Dasthur.
"Alright, alright. I'll spill it. Remember.. Torshiro...?" replied Katsuro.

Dasthur's eyes widened, and looked at the man in surprise.

"Torshiro...?!!" exclaimed Dasthur.
"Heh, heh. Good to see you after a long while, Das!" said Torshiro.
"It is you!"

Shortly after, Exodius and Dai arrived at the scene.

"We heard everything from the corridor echoes." said Exodius.
"I can't believe it's really you, Tor!" exclaimed Dasthur.
"In the flesh and blood, it is, yeah." said Torshiro, scratching the back of his head.
"I hate to break up this reunion... But I sense a problem." whispered Exodius.
"What?" asked Katsuro.

The ground started to rumble, and the sound of an explosion was heard. The five ran out to the corridors, and could see a large gap in the walls. Several silhouettes could be made out, all with glowing red eyes. Exodius could tell one thing -- Whatever these were, they obviously came in the means of violence.

"Dasthur, Dai, Katsuro, Torshiro," said Exodius. "Draw your weapons, quickly. This -- Is going to get ugly."

~End of Chapter 3~

Last edited by Exodius on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Exodius
Exodius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Exodius Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:40 pm

~The Lore of the Gilded~
Chapter 4: Exposition

Torshiro sprinted towards the shadowy beings with crimson eyes, slashing at one of them quickly. The being evaporated in an instant, howling and screaming, letting out a screeching hiss. Exodius backflipped forward, striking several at the same time while spinning in the air with his mace out. Dai and Katsuro unsheathed their claymores, striking two each with them. Dasthur pulled out a large purple and black sword with green glowing runes and an deadly looking green aura. It was a simply marvelous thing, this sword, obviously well-crafted by whomever had created it. Unsurprisingly, he called it "Oblivion's SirenCall", for anything that glimpsed at its sheer beauty was drawn towards it, and when that same thing was slashed, and when its blade touched it, the end was painful, yet quick.

"I would have expected more of a challenge," said Torshiro, bragging.
"Whoever sent these pitiful excuses for monsters obviously made them to focus on quantity rather than quality." spoke Exodius, his words quick.
"Good point," replied Dasthur. "They just keep coming!"
"But why?" exclaimed Katsuro.
"I don't know," responded Dai. "But we're gonna find out, one way or the other!"
"Torshiro, Dai, Katsuro, Dasthur!" called Exodius. "Form up. I have an idea."

The five of them gathered, back-to-back, them all in an insignificant space. Exodius was smirking, and Dasthur knew that smirk anywhere. He expected them to do something, and he knew exactly what it was.

"When they all get so close you can see the blood red in their eyes clearly," roared Exodius "Spread out, sprint towards them, push them into the corner, kick them when they're down, and let them have a taste of cold steel!"
"I knew you were up to something. I just knew it." said Dasthur.
"Heh," chuckled Katsuro. "Nice thinkin', Exodius."
"We're never going to pull this off." murmured Torshiro.
"I beg to differ," exclaimed Exodius. "You'll see. On the count of three... One... Two... Three!!"

They all sprinted out in a pentagon, and shoved them all in one single space with their blades pushing them back with pain. The five quickly sprinted up to the creatures, uppercut them, dropkicked them down to the cold, hard, floor, and thrust their blades through them from above, hearing their screeches and hisses. When they were finished, their weapons were splattered with a black slimy ooze.

"That's just disgusting." stated Katsuro, scowling.
"I second that." said Exodius.
"You aren't the only ones." responded Dasthur.
"I can't disagree with that one, Kat." reacted Dai.
"What's true is true, and so is that." murmured Torshiro.

The five then spotted someone in the distance of the hole in the wall, and stepped out of the hole in the wall, searching for the person. They found themselves in the arena pit where contestants fought, and it was abandoned, some places were covered in blood, and there was a lone person on the other side of the arena pit. He had purely crimson hair and crimson eyes, carrying a slim sword with a black and crimson aura surrounding it. He was wearing a blood red armor that looked as if it was very, very light.

"You -- Who are you?" asked Exodius.
"Hmph... Exodius, it's good to see you again." replied the man.
"How do you know me?" said Exodius.
"Wow -- I'd think you would remember this sword after such a long while." stated the man.
"You will tell me who you are -- now!"
"Fine, fine." replied the man, carelessly. "Does... Xavion ring a bell to you..?"

Exodius blinked several times, wiped his eyes, and his eyes bulged.

"Xavion...?! What happened to you...?" asked Exodius, curious beyond recognition.
"The darkness within me all turned into light when I felt ashamed of everything I've ever done -- Including nearly killing you because I wasn't satisfied with all of the evil things I've done in my lifetime. With that, my appearance changed into what I would have look like as a regular person, like you." replied Xavion.
"So... Basically, you're a whole new person?" asked Katsuro.
"You bet I am, Katsuro." exclaimed Xavion.
"And I want to know what on Lore you're doing here." said Dasthur.
"Tracking down the hideous little beasties you just fought -- Whoever led them told 'em to attack the arena and search for a man in grey and golden armor, which was you. I had heard their leader mention that, and I decided to follow them and keep them from harming everyone -- Specially you, considering you were their target." replied Xavion.

In the distance, a small chime was heard from the distance, carried to their vicinity by the wind.

"What the...?" exclaimed Xavion.

Exodius pointed up, towards a man with a hood, visible goatee, a staff with several small chimes attached to it, and gray and white robes.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" asked Exodius and Xavion at the same time. They glanced at each other, and then turned their heads back towards the robed man.
"I am he who will help contribute to the exposition of the vile plot set against you, Exodius Radiz NightLore, but this will be done at a later time."
"I don't care! Tell me who you are, what you're doing here, and how you know my full name!!" replied Exodius in an exclamation.
"I, unfortunately, cannot do that, young man, by the order of my superiors. I can, however, give you this." said the man.

The man took out a dirty, dusty scroll, and threw it in the air. He shifted his staff toward Exodius, the wind then dragging the scroll along to him. Exodius clamped his hands together, the small parchment dropping in his hands.

"Thank--" said Exodius, but when he looked up to say it, the man was gone, and the wind stopped, silencing itself.

The man was gone, no trace of him in the vicinity. Yet he did it all in the blink of an eye. Nonetheless, Exodius unfolded the parchment and glanced at the symbol engraved in it -- A single blood-red star with a pentagon around it, and a circle around the pentagon. And it was not blood-red -- But was made out of cold human blood itself.

~End of Chapter 4~

Last edited by Exodius on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Exodius
Exodius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Exodius Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:22 am

~The Lore of the Gilded~
Chapter 5: Revelation

Here we are, the Royal Library. thought Exodius. The world's most educated and learned library, filled with historic tomes and lore written by generations of LoreMasters, philosophers, authors, poets, and writers. He, Dasthur, Katsuro, Dai, Xavion, and Torshiro walked through the hallowed halls and corridors of this fabled library, glancing around left and right simultaneously, glancing at the papers shielded in thick glass frames, obviously informing their significance to people.

"How many books do they have here?!" exclaimed Dasthur.
"First edition copies of every book in existence." replied Exodius.
"Wow." commented Dai.
"No kiddin'." stated Katsuro.
"The librarians must be book-freaks." chuckled Torshiro.
"Agreed," said Xavion.

They finally passed through the majority of the hallowed halls and corridors, finally reaching the foyer of the large library. They proceeded towards the librarian to the left, presumably asking a question.

"Excuse me, madam, might you know where we can find a book containing information on a mark like this and anyone that might be affiliated with it?" asked Exodius politely, showing her the piece of parchment.
"Hmm... Yes, yes we do. You're looking for the Mythologics section." she replied.
"Where might we find this section?" asked Exodius, again.
"Allow Mattheas to guide you there." replied the librarian, pointing down to her right.

Exodius glanced down, seeing a small lion that looked like it was made out of stone, crystal, and silver. The lion prowled forward, Exodius and company following its graceful trail. Occasionally, the lion halted itself for a moment or two, attempting to get into synchronized pace with Exodius, obviously insinuating that they were too slow. Nonetheless, they lead on, eventually reaching the bookshelf containing the book they sought. The lion roared and a ladder appeared against the bookshelf. On all fours, it climbed the ladder with its frontal and hind paws. It sniffed out the book's scent, and proceeded to pull it out with its mouth. It leaped off of the ladder, and went in front of Exodius, giving him the book. He pulled the book out of its mouth, and pet its head. It then prowled off, presumably back to the librarian.

"Here it is: The Fables of the Negated." decreed Exodius.
"How could that lion fit that thing in its mouth? It's huge!" stated Katsuro.
"That it is, Kat." commented Dasthur.
"Can we get the comments over with and read it, please? This thing might as well be our only hope of info on our enemy..." murmured Xavion.
"Alright, alright, my brother." said Exodius, flipping through the book's pages. "Here it is."
"What does it say?" asked Torshiro.

Exodius cleared his throat, indicating he was probably going to recite the book's contents.

"Chapter One: The Negated." began Exodius. "According to ancient, mythological lore, the Negated were an ancient creed of demons. The Negated were originally locked away in the pits of the Underworld by the gods of the heavens themselves, them obviously being a threat. The Negated were supposedly mindless, yet so evil they had to have some form of primitive yet unknown state of mind. Burning crops, spreading plagues, killing children, they terrorized the gods themselves, and for the sake of their people on this planet, their one single option was to lock them away where they could lie practically dormant in the eyes of the citizens of this planet... But they were not. They were stored in the underworld, where they were free to do devious deeds to the content of their very beings.

However, many an era later, The Negated began to show that after quite a long while, they were finally not satisfied with their devious deeds, wanting... More. They wanted to have the humans of our planet to be their targets and victims. And so, they ran rampant through the Underworld, attempting to break through to the Heavens, and then the planet itself. However, they were stopped in their tracks by the representative of the heavens himself, Nebulus, the 1st of the Gilded, he who was the very guardian of the gods themselves. In other words, their avatar. Following his appearance, he confronted The Negated and prevented them from entering the heavens by sealing them up once more -- But this time, permanently."
"And up until now, that's how it's been?" asked Dai.
"In a nutshell, yes." replied Exodius.
"Alright, we've got our info. Now let's use it to think of a plan." said Xavion.
"Sure thing. We have what we need. Let's go!" exclaimed Dasthur.

The six then proceeded out of the library, walking quickly. They were halted for a small moment by the librarian.

"Are you checking that book out?" asked the librarian.
"Yes." responded Exodius, handing her a small wad of money. "This should cover it."
"Much more, actually. Are you sure you would like to give so much?" asked the librarian, concerned.
"Consider it a donation." said Exodius, smiling slightly.
"Alright. However, if you're going to give so much, please take lion that helped you find the book. He seems to like you a lot." stated the librarian, noticing the lion was at Exodius' side, rubbing up against him.
"Hmm..." said Exodius, thinking. "Alright. Thank you."

By the time she was about to respond with a you're welcome, they were already running through the corridors to the exit.

"That was one heck of a tale. At least we know what we're up against." said Dai.
"Yeah. Though, I still can't help but be surprised that those pushovers took the avatar of the gods to lock up." commented Katsuro, chuckling under his breath.
"Eh." murmured Xavion.

In Exodius' mind, even if The Negated seem like pitiful weaklings to him and his companions, he still couldn't help but think what was their instinctive goal by attacking the innocent, such as in the Arena previously. To his surprise himself, when he recited that chapter on the very book he carries in his palms now, he thought but one thing -- That the violent and sinister things these mindless creatures could do was not anything like he thought.

~End of Chapter 5~
Exodius
Exodius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Exodius Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:48 pm

~The Lore of the Gilded~
Chapter 6: Gathering

How Exodius and his companions were to go about defeating their new foes, The Negated, and their nefarious leader was unknown to Exodius himself. Trivial, even. But he did know but a single thing -- That he and his friends were determined to put an end to this menace, even if they had to put their very souls on the line. With that known to all of them without it being announced literally itself, they sprinted towards Exodius' palace, thinking of a plan. Exodius knocked on the door and was welcomed home by one of his many butlers.

"Greetings and salutations, Master." stated the butler.
"Thank you." replied Exodius.
"I take it these are companions of yours?" asked the butler.
"Yes, they are. Torshiro, Dai, Xavion, Dasthur, and Katsuro." decreed Exodius.
"Pleasant to meet you five. Please, come in." stated the butler.
"Thank you." said the five as they stepped in.

They bounded towards Exodius' war room, where he was often held up in when there was a war or any other kind of large conflict. The six stepped in, and found inside a large table, a chandelier above it, and several halls leading to a kitchen, a bedroom, and a bathroom. The eyes of the other five bulged, surprised at this.

"It's like a house inside of a house." commented Dasthur.
"Heh. No kidding." remarked Katsuro.
"Mhmm." murmured Dai.
"I'm not surprised, actually." said Xavion.
"Me neither." stated Torshiro.
"Anyway, here we'll be planning exactly how we're going to specifically go about the certain eradication of our new enemies." decreed Exodius.

Exodius laid out a thin strip of parchment on the large table, possibly for some sort of strategy he was going to negotiate the sequence of between the six of them.

"Alright, friends, let's think of some sort of idea to stop The Negated once and for all." exclaimed Exodius.
"Wait -- You're telling me you didn't even have a plan...?!" cried Dai.
"No one would. They came to us, we didn't come to them." murmured Xavion.
"He's got a point." said Torshiro.
"We have to gather some form of intel about where The Negated exactly came from." thought Exodius out loud.
"I'm willing to go ask around." Xavion had said.
"Alright, but bring Torshiro with you." said Exodius.

Torshiro nodded towards Exodius, and he and Xavion ran off towards the town, by the looks of it.

"As for a second note, we need to gather everyone we know. We'll need absolutely everyone in this fight. I will be sure to find Solar." stated Exodius.
"I'll look for Zera." said Dasthur.
"I'll search around for Shatter." stated Dai.
"I'll find Guilt." murmured Katsuro.
"Alright, then. Now that we know who to scavenge around for, we should split up." exclaimed Exodius.

They sprinted towards the door and burst out, splitting directions. Exodius leaped in the air, and decided to glide towards the canyons and the cliffs, the wind accelerating his velocity further. Dai ran into the thick wood by Exodius' palace towards the hilltops, obviously in search of his friend, Shatter. Katsuro ran off towards the town's plaza, presumably in search of the companion of all, Guilt. And lastly, Dasthur ran towards the canyons as well, but on foot, searching for Zera, expecting that she was talking to Solar. Exodius thought in his head that this was all going to get complicated and violent, aware of the battle ahead of them. The storm was coming, and Exodius and his companions were all doing their true, absolute best to keep those monstrosities, The Negated, and their vile tyrant of a leader at bay, but their efforts were futile, and Exodius knew that all too well. But Exodius remained solemn, and swore but one single thing -- That the tide would turn, whether the odds were with them or not.

Nexolous Malevole, the tyrranic right-hand man of the leader of The Negated, ran into the pits of the abandoned mines in the caves, a small clusted of Negated just behind him. Nexolous had skin as pale white as snow, with pure black irises. He was clad in medium-weight platemail, carrying a crimson claymore in his sheath. He reared his head to the side, checking on his minions, and found they were already ahead of him, crawling and limping into the pure darkness in the small door up ahead. He cautiously walked into the darkness after a moment of walking towards it more, and found himself in a room filled to the brim with black, red, and purple crystals and gems, a large black and red shadow with red eyes before him. He began to kneel, his claymore in front of him.

"What... Information do you have on the boy...?" asked the large creature with a booming voice.
"According to our Negated spies around his palace, the six have split up, the boy gliding through the air towards the canyons." replied Nexolous, trembling.
"So... I see if he can do that... Then the boy has progressed much." exclaimed the creature.
"If he has to you, my lord, then he has to me, as well." stated Nexolous.
"You have been my servant for many years, Nexolous..." roared the creature.
"Yes." he murmured.
"And it is finally high time... That I trust you with the same power I possess now..." echoed the creature. "To clad yourself with the darkness, and make it your greatest weapon!!"

Negated spawns gathered in a cluster around Nexolous, aforementioned cluster growing by the millisecond. They began to touch him, obviously the process of melding to him beginning. They then gathered over him, beginning to look like one giant lump of Negated. Soon after, his voice trembled, and then the screaming and howling began. The creature before Nexolous cackled in glee and pleasure, satisfied with this event taking place. The Negated then evaporated after a moment, a pure black body before the creature. The body stood up, completely black. After a moment of its head handing, it pointed its head up, its eyes glowing a vicious crimson.

"Thank you, my lord... For this power... This exquisite POWER!!" roared the creature that was formerly Nexolous, its voice already altering itself.
"You are welcome... Now go. Head to the canyons... And test the boy on his true power." exclaimed the creature before Nexolous.
"What... If I do not accomplish my objective?" asked Nexolous of the creature before him.
"Then I will have the Negated hunt you down, bring you to me, and I will meld you with me and destroy your mind in the process, obtaining your power without being subject to resistance!" howled the creature.
"Yes, lord..." whispered Nexolous, and then he evaporated into black particles.

~End of Chapter 6~
Exodius
Exodius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down