The Order Of The Gilded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tale of the Sun

Go down

Tale of the Sun Empty Tale of the Sun

Post  Solar Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:36 am

Chapter One: The Fall of the Solar Empire

Deep inside the floating city of the skies the lone guardian of the sun Helios lifted his head towards the sound of the approaching foot steps. "Why do you disturb me at the hour of the rise lowly Heliomancer?" The being he addressed stood up straight and the bright yellow robes he was wearing changed color to dull yellow and gave his report eyes on the ground. "The cloud generators are failing and in a few minutes we be visible to the world below my lord" Before Helios could answer why was he troubling him with such matters a terrible groan rang though the entire city. Helios' eyes went from bright gold to deep red. He slammed his fist against his throne and his silver and gold encrusted armor shone with a brilliance every king on lore wish they could own. Helios stepped off his throne and placed his crown on the seat cushion. Then in one motion he hit the attendant and turned him into pure light. With no control of his new form the attendant dissipated. Helios created a Sun Saber in his hand and walked out on his balcony that had a view of the floating city. If that was the sound of the cloud generators giving way then he had 20 minutes before the winds blew away the clouds that were still surrounding the city. Reaching the balcony he gasped. The clouds that once surrounded the once glorious city were long gone. So that wasn't the cloud generators failing I heard he thought to himself. It was a huge portion of the flying city being ripped out. Helios glanced down at lore and saw the crater of were it had landed and winced. What had such force to do such a thing? His thoughts were interrupted by a powerful roar making him nearly soil himself. Looking in the direction of the roar he guessed he found the one responsible of ripping apart his city. The ancient dragon of darkness whose name has been lost in history. Helios turned and ran back into his chamber. Not in fear because he went out the other door into the rest of his castle down he went though the floors using a power light spell only a master Heliomancer like himself could use. reaching the huge courtyard that was the center of the city and the place of trade for the entire empire he found what he had hoped. The army was setting up defense for the city. Rushing up to the first in command he yelled "How long has the cloud generators been down?" The rank five Heliomancer replied "About thirty minutes my lord." "Why did I only hear about it when the dragon attacked?" "We didn't want to get you until it was really necessary" Warping his Sun Saber into a spear made of light Helios threw it at the dragon hitting it in the chest. Taking over command he ordered all able heliomancers to use skill spears of light on the dragon and to replenish mana from the fountain the center of the courtyard. Turning back to the now second in command he said "How many did we lose when the section fell? The being grinded his teeth and said "five hundred thousand." Helios fought down the urge to use his killing spell on the dragon but didn't because it will kill everyone else as well. "Are any other cities able to help?" A page rushed forward to deliver the message. " All the other cities of the empire have fallen to the same dragon your highness" he said with a trembling voice. Helios grew angry then he realized it was his son. "Sun what are you doing here!?" Sun shuffled his feet and said "I got this job so I can impress girls" Helios face palmed and said "Girls girls girls why can't you focus on your studies? "I am, father" he said and summoned a dagger of light. Just then a explosion rocketed though the city. Helio gasped as he noticed the city was splitting apart. A engine inside the city exploded sending Helios and Sun to the ground. Helios then realized the city was going to explode. Looking at his Mana bar his saw he had only two percent of Mana Energy left. His mind raced as he tried to think of a spell he could use. His racing mind and eyes stop on Sun with his hands on his ears the child looked at his father with pleading eyes asking what to do. Helios only had one choice. Helio closed his eyes and sent Sun far away to somewhere on the surface of the planet, where a fierce battle was taking place.

Ten minutes before...

Exodius went though the library of his home and picked out a book on DracoPyres, his favorite subject. The door of his home burst open and Dasthur ran over to Exodius who was seated on a chair reading his book. "Exodius, a flying city has been sighted!" Exodius dropped his book and ran over to the window. A sparkling gold city flew overhead. "It looks like were not the only ones to see it!" Dasthur ran outside with Exodius behind him. They saw a huge black dragon hit the city with its tail and section fell and roar twenty seconds later. Exodius and Dathur ran off in the direction of were the portion had crash landed. When they got there thy saw spears of light fly from the city and embed themselves in the dragon. The dragon hit the city with full force and the spears stopped coming. Leaving the crippled city for dead the dragon noticed Exodius and Dasthur on the ground and dived for them. A beam of light went from the city t the ground a second before it exploded. Taking no notice of the light Exodius jumped 50 feet into the air and hit the dragon with his hammer sending off into the distance. When he landed Dasthur pointed at the being on the ground that had appeared when the light beam ended. A small Heliomancer lay on the ground and stared into the sky and screamed "FATHER!!!" Exodius motioned and a handkerchief appeared in the boys mouth cutting off his scream. Then he reached out and removed it and no more sound came. "What is your name young one?" Exodius asked kindly. "S-sun, my name is sun." Sun shot a bolt of light in the sky. "I am the last of my kind."

The End of Chapter 1.

Chapter Two: A New Beginning

An explosion rocketed though the city. Sun fell to the ground with his father beside him. Looking at his father Sun asked him "What are we going to do Father?" Sun pleaded with his eyes. For the first time ever Sun saw his father without the bold I can do this look on his face. For all his life Sun had never seen his father so helpless. Sun watched his father move his lips to a all the familiar spell.
"FATHER NOOOOO" Sun woke up in a cold sweat. Exodius was at the door to his room in an instant. "Another nightmare?" Sun nodded faintly. "Yes..." Exodius rubbed his eyes. "Their getting worse aren't they?" Sun felt hot tears run down his eyes so he turned to face the wall so Exodius couldn't see him cry. "Try to get some sleep young one"Sun turned over in his cot and listened to Exodius' foot steps growing faint. Sun finally closed his eyes and went to sleep.

The following day...

"You must focus, Sun!" Said Dasthur wearily. He scratched his head. Why must he waste his time with this annoying brat, anyway? He should of never agreed to help Sun with his powers. Being an Archangel, helping another being without expecting to get something else in return was bad for his reputation. He shook his head and sighed. Sun was watching a girl in revealing clothes draw from the well with interest. Dasthur walked up to the girl and asked with not so nice words for her to leave. The girl started crying and ran off. Turning back to Sun he instructed him light the lantern on the highest branch of the oak that had gotten there with his own Archangel powers. Before doing so Sun asked if he may go see Wisna after. Dasthur said he may have a short break. "But first the lantern Sun." Sun closed his eyes and focused. a faint glow appeared in the lantern and faded. Sun clenched his eyes shut and concentrated harder this time. The glow started more faintly but was more constant. Finally it maintained a steady glow. Sun opened his eyes and took a deep breath. " Now may I go see Wisna?" Dasthur nodded and said "Alright." Sun took off running toward the town of Willow Creek. Dasthur yelled after him. "But if I see that the lantern goes out before the end of the day, I will give you the scare of your life!"

Passing Exodius meditating Sun kept running but something powerful made his legs no longer obey his will. "Exodius! Please not now! I want to find Wisna so we can both enjoy my break!" The force gripping Sun made him sit next to Exodius. "I trust that Dasthur is a good teacher...?" Sun moaned and bit his lip. " No matter." Exodius said without opening his eyes. "Run along I won't waste anymore of you're time." As soon as the force left his legs Sun was off like a bullet. He ran though town only slowing down to look at the village girls swimming in the river. They waved and Sun waved back. To them he was a cute boy that apprenticed to great hero Exodius. He kept running into the dark forest. A few girls ran after him to stop him because of the legend of the werewolf in the forest but didn't follow far. He ran straight into a clearing and stopped. Red eyes stared at him from the darkness of the forest. Werewolf! Sun thought to himself. Exodius had told him the legend was true but he had never believed him. Sweat ran down his face as he summoned a dagger of light. Realizing this wasn't going to be enough Sun focused, closed his eyes and the dagger grew to a small sword. Opening his eyes he saw the werewolf charging for him. It hit him at full force and sent him flying into the trees. Sun got up and muttered a healing spell. He felt his health go up and his mana go down. Sun threw his dagger with all his might into the chest of the werewolf with pin point accuracy and it lodged itself were Sun intended it to. The werewolf howled in pain and the dagger disappeared. The form of the werewolf wavered and Dasthur took its place. He feel to his knee holding his chest cursing under his breath. "DASTHUR!?!?!?" Sun yelped in surprise. Dathur uttered a healing incantation and his wound disappeared. Rising to his feet his said grimly "I said if the light went out I would give you the scare of your life." Sun stood there awestruck. "It turned out you gave me a scare." Sun started to apologize but Dasthur stopped him.
"You caught me off guard, I still can kill you if I wanted to." Sun just looked at the ground. "But... I guess you have proven yourself worthy of joining Exodius and me in the scout mission next week."
"Really!?" Sun exclaimed glow returning. Dasthur smiled and said "You have great power..."

The End of Chapter Two.

Chapter Three: The Tome

Exodius paced around his chamber. For the few months he had cared for Sun he has always though of this. Is he too powerful? The young Heliomancer was always gifted but when he had come under his care his powers blossomed and he was far to young to control it. Sun claimed that it was because he was the last of his kind. That the civilization of the Solar people shared a universal power source. The Sun. But now that he was the only Heliomancer left he was the only one left to draw form the everlasting well of power called the Sun it was almost at the point of overpowering him. Nevertheless Exodius knew he had to know more about Sun's nearly extinct race. That was why he had Dai go to steal a valuable tome from the grand inquisitor's private collection. Ever since the flying city fell technology salvaged from the wreckage had advanced many races. The Dwakel who had gotten there first now have to much of the Heliomancer technology they use magic very little. The Inquisitors had scared away the Dwakels as soon as they had found out of the crash. They had managed to salvage the book Dai was on the mission to get and the throne of Helios the most powerful Heliomancer yet. If Exodius had told Sun of the existence of the book and throne he would of torn apart the grand inquisitor's dark citadel with a fury to power to get them back. There was a knock on the door to his chamber and Dai peeked his head in. "I have the book Exodius." A thick book rich in the history of the great Solar Race. It was titled simply "Solar's history" It read of the first of the Solar people who began as simple folk who worshiped the Sun. They had started the tradition of naming their sons words that meant "Sun" and their daughters the same but the moon. A part caught Exodius' eye as very interesting.
From a young age Heliomancers are able to fabricate a pair angel wings on command and return them to his or her body whenever they wish, this helped early Heliomancers get from place to place much easier and faster. For fun they even had races across the skiers, for some time they had made it their official sport. But nowadays because of recent advances in technology they no longer teach their young this because they no longer require it.
Exodius read further but soon stopped and thought to himself that's enough knowledge for today. Exodius mentally summoned a person unknown but soon it was visible who he had summoned because a few minute later there was a knock at the door. It was Dathur."Yeah Exodius?" I have new materiel for you to cover with Sun before the mission. Dathur took a bite of his apple and replied. "Hmmm?" Exodius looked up from his chair. "Sit." He pointed to the one across from him."This will take some time."

The next day...

A splash of water woke Sun up in a instant. Standing over him was Katsuro grinning ear to ear. "Dathur told me to wake you up" He said with a chuckle."But he didn't say how." Katsuro walked out of Sun's room laughing. Twenty minutes later he was standing at the edge of a cliff a few miles outside of williowcreek admiring his new wings. Dathur had left after helping him summon them and Exodius was sitting on a rock just behind him telling him how a bird's wings work. But Sun didn't hear a word he said. I have wings! He though over and over.
Turning his attention back to Exodius he was just finishing up. "So Sun just try a simple glide down to the farming town of noobshire were I will be waiting." Exodius vanished with a crack of thunder. Sun took a deep breath, closed his eyes, spread his new found wings and jumped off the cliff. With a feeling a weightlessness Sun opened his eyes. He flapped his wings and did a barrel roll. He dived and swooped clearly enjoying himself. thirty minutes later he landed in a field just outside the town of NoobShire and found Exodius studying a leaf that had a tiny purple eye on it. Dismissing the leaf as freak of nature Exodius turned to him. ""I see you had some fun a it, Sun." Sun just grinned. "Now for vertical take offs and landings...."

The End of Chapter Three.
Solar
Solar

Back to top Go down

Tale of the Sun Empty Re: Tale of the Sun

Post  Solar Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:37 am

Chapter Four: Revenge

"Sun come on!" Wisna complained. "No cheating!" Wisna stopped playing and his eyes turned gray, the sign that he was beginning his Archangel form. Sun was flying above him out of reach holding the old leather ball. Behind Wisna was a net crudely made from branches and farther ahead of Wisna was another one. It was a game made up by them when they had first became friends. A simple game of getting the ball in the other person's net. Sun landed and dispelled his wings."OK, Wisna, calm down." Wisna just grinned ran past him breaking the sound barrier with a loud crack.Passing Sun's net he threw it in and stopped. With powerful momentum it went straight though the net without stopping. the ball went off into the horizon."Oops!" Wisna exclaimed. "Wisna you're such a hypocrite!" Sun shouted after him as Wisna ran off after it. About thirty seconds later Wisna returned. To Sun's dismay he didn't have the ball. "Where's the ball?" Sun asked nervously. Wisna shrugged."It flew right across a chasm..." Sun finished for him. "And you need me to got get it." Wisna nodded. "Alright run me there." Wisna picked Sun up awkwardly and ran to the chasm. Sun's face was pulled back temporarily by the G forces.
Wisna slid to a stop at the edge of the chasm and tossed Sun over the side before he could summon his wings. Sun went over the edge looking angry. Several seconds passed and Wisna started sweating and thought that Sun couldn't get his wings out. Peering over the edge Sun came up right in his face and pushed Wisna and he fell on his butt. They both broke out in laughter. Sun flew up toward the midday sun and was a large shadow in the light. All Wisna would see was two wings, arms,legs and a head. Sun flew over the chasm and landed on the other side. Looking around he couldn't find it. He shouted to Wisna."I CAN'T FIND IT SO I'M GOING TO CHECK THE FOREST!" Wisna shouted back. "OKAY!" Sun walked into the forest as silent as death. Funny. He though to himself. Isn't there supposed to be at least some bird calls? Pushing back branches out of his face Sun wandered though the eerie forest. After some time Sun reached a clearing. Standing there with shadows clinging to him was a mysterious stranger wearing a long black robe and a hood that covered his face. "Excuse me," Sun said as polite as he could be. "Did you see a leather ball fly past here at 100 miles per hour?"The stranger said nothing at first and a cold bone chilling wind ripped though Sun."You....." The stranger began. "I know you who are." Sun bit his lip terrified."The black dragon who killed your father..." Sun's eyes blazed with solar energy."You knew my father?" The stranger replied swiftly. "I KNOW you;re father!" Sun's spat out in fury. "MY FATHER IS DEAD!" The stranger said one last thing. "The black dragon who destroyed the Solar Empire live north of the lake known as the giant puddle." Sun's mind went back to the great dragon who had attacked the city.
The city was in panic. The cloud cover had dissipated and they were helpless if there was any attack on the city from bellow. But hope had arrived! The army was setting a defense in case of attack, they were alerting citizens they had our best technicians on it. Also that a messenger was dispatched to the emperor to inform him. When the dragon attacked something had died inside of Sun he had though the city was safe but now he knows the truth. Nowhere is truly safe.
Nodding thanks to the mysterious stranger Sun was overcome by emotions. His eyes went deep red. He entered a state similar to Archangel from but it was light attributed. His hair and skin turned bluish-gray and twin Sun Sabers appeared in his hands. The wings he summoned were far larger and a deep shade of black. Fueled by fury he accessed Wisna's power from were he was waiting and temporarily stole it from him. Combining Wisna's stolen powers with his black feather wings Sun broke the sound barrier with a loud CRACK! as he flew up into the sky with fury in his heart. As he flew at super sonic speed toward to lair of the black dragon he had only one thing on his mind. REVENGE.

Meanwhile, in Willow Creek...

Exodius' mind was at peace drifting though space and time. He enjoyed spending a lazy afternoon meditating under the sun. Suddenly his mind came in contact with another beings. He done done this many times before. But the being horrified him. It was a being he knew all to well with to much power at his disposal and pure hate in his heart. It was Sun, and he was bent on revenge. Exodius' searched Sun's mind tirelessly looking for the destination in mind. Usually Exodius refrained from this but this was a grave matter. When Exodius realized who Sun was going for he trembled. Even with his new power Sun couldn't even come close to defeating the legendary darkness dragon. Exodius knew in his heart, he had to get there. Fast.

End Of Chapter Four

CHAPTER FIVE: RAGE OF THE INFERNO WITHIN

Dai grimaced and frowned as he walked into the house that Sun was sleeping in.The second part of Sun's training is minor pyrotechnic, a skilled heliomancer is supposed to have a small power over flame to aid with summoning. Dathur had announced Sun had passed the day before and Dai was supposed to take care of this part of the training. Knocking loudly on the door to Sun's room he yelled. "Sun wake up it's time for your training! Exodius is waiting for you in the grove to practice mental abilities with you then as soon as you done you have to come see me in the back field!" Sun groaned and sat up. Scratching his head he yelled back. "OK OK!" Dai then went to the back field to 'warm up' he chuckled as he thought of that. He made flame rings then proceeded to throw fireballs at them. When he was done he walked around the forest setting up more flame rings and set them to take mana from the environment rather then himself. When he was done he went back to the back field and waited for Sun. When Sun arrived Dai simply said. "Your late." Sun shrugged his shoulder and smiled. Dai rubbed his neck and said. "There are targets around forest. They will only be dispelled from a fireball passing though it's center." Sun's eyes went big "But I don't even know how to make a fireball!" Dai then said. "Concentrate your power in the palm of your hand." Sun closed his eyes and did so. "Create heat" Dai said with twist of his finger. Sweating Sun did as he was asked making the air above his hand waver from the heat. "Now for combustion make a small dot of light appear. A dot appeared and the next second Sun's hand was blazing. Crying out he lost concentration and the fireball disappeared. With determination on his face he tried again and a larger fireball was made. Sun watched the fire swirl around. It did not burn or feel hot. Grinning ear to ear he threw it with deadly accuracy though the center of the ring of flame. Dai stopped holding his breath and smiled. His first day as Sun's trainer is going to be short. "Now Sun, dispel the rings in the forest and you can call it a day because it is your birthday after all.
Sun summoned another fireball and ran into the forest without a word. Reaching it he threw his fireball at the nearest ring. But to his dismay the ring moved out of the way. Sun frowned. This was going to be hard then he first thought. He tried again. Then again. He couldn't get a single one in. Rage grew within him, but it was gone as soon as Exodius felt it meditating in the grove. After the incident with the dragon Exodius used a powerful spell to make Sun forget it as well as create safeguards to prevent it from happening again. What happened when Sun reached the lair will be revealed on a later date. Sun looked up from the ground pouting that Dai had made his task so hard on his first day of this special training. Realizing that pouting won't make a difference he created a fireball and threw it at a ring circling his head. Easily angered at his miss Sun screamed and and flock of birds flew away. Exodius tried once more to stop the anger but Sun had enough. His eyes turned red. But instead of the bizarre transformation he had before he turned his energy outward creating a shock wave of pure elemental flame, which completely obliterated the forest as well as dispelling the rings. Sun kneeling down looked up and standing before him was a furious Exodius. Sun smiled weakly. Nearby corn fields had been affected and the popped kernels were dropping all around them. Sun pipped up. "Popcorn?" He said putting one in his mouth. Hours later after backbreaking labor of planting trees to reforest the area he had burned down Sun was sitting at the head of the table enjoying the sound of happy birthday, his first one on the surface. After finishing the cake Exodius handed him a package covered with brightly colored paper. Sun opened it and inside was a long tube. Inside the tube was finely made crimson and gold claymore. Exodius told him. "This will magnify your light power." Sun thanked him and opened Wisna's gift. Wisna's gift was smaller but inside was something powerful. Sun held up a grayish stone that had bright yellow band passing over it. Wisna explained it was a lesser wishing stone. "It will grant you one wish, but it has to be unselfish or it will turn on you." Sun gave him a high five and moved on. Dathur game him a kanata with both ice and wind elemental power after Sun thank him Shatter walked gracefully up to Sun empty handed. Sun's eyes dropped, bored. Shatter lifted his hand to Sun's forehead and muttered an ancient spell. Went he opened his eyes he said."I have given you the gift of eternal friendship." Then he walked off. Stunned Sun didn't notice Dai place a sheathed blade on his lap. When Sun finally came to looked at the blade with interest. Removing it from the scabbard Sun went over and over the fine details worked into the blade. The blade was delicate yet it was strong. It was obviously very old, 1000 years at the very least. Noticing a single word on the hilt Sun's eye flashed a brilliant gold. It was written in sky language. "Reignbringer" Sun whispered. Holding it above his head he shouted with all his might. "REIGNBRINGER" And the blade burst into flames.

END OF CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER SIX:SOLAR BEAM

Wisna peeked out from behind the bush that was covering him from the dwakel sentries. Sun was a few meters behind him covered by another bush. Just two hours ago Sun had gotten a tome from Exodius written in two languages, in everyday spoken one and in sky writing. Sun, had found a secret compartment in the book's cover and by opening it with a few lines of sky song. Inside was blueprints to make a powerful solar weapon. Wisna had though it looked a lot like the A.R.C belonging to the dwakel Monochrome. So they had gathered a few supplies and went to the dwakel fortress. Exodius and Dasthur would of said it was dangerous, idiotic and STUPID. But they went to do it anyway. Sun motioned for Wisna to stay. He walked full of confidence up the the dwakel. They charged their weapons and stepped forward. Sun stunned them with a flash of ultraviolet light. Waving Wisna over the started to climb the wall. Wisna whispered to Sun. "How are we going to get it out?" Sun cocked an eyebrow, a trick he learned from Dai. "All in good time." Sun and Wisna reached the top and dropped on top of the two guards on the inside of the gate. Before they could raise the alarm they snapped their necks. Wisna and Sun dropped silently and darted inside the nearest doorway. Inside was the workshop they were waiting for. Monochrome thankfully was out. and sitting on the workbench was the newly repaired A.R.C. Sun smiled."If were are going to do this we are going to do it now. Wisna nodded. Sun muttered a spell in sky language. Light power escaped from his eyes and mouth with a droning hum. Wisna tensed, every dwakel in the fortress from probably on their way here. He though. The blast completely destroyed the roof. Sun summoned his wings and Wisna went to his archangel form. He eyes turned red and his skin turned very pale. Sun grinned. He and Wisna grabbed a end of the A.R.C and flew off with it.Sweating they managed to get it to a field just outside of Willowcreek. Dispelling the forms they looked over the blueprint they had gotten from the tome. "Can you modify it into the Skycanon?" It was the name they had though up for it." I think so" Sun said doubtfully. " Get me the tool box will ya?" Wisna vanished with a CRACK and returned seconds later. Sun took a screw driver and opened the side panel. He poked around in there for some time then asked Wisna to get the Claymore Exodius had given him for his birthday. Went he was waiting for Wisna he made some changes to the blue prints. Went Wisna returned Sun took the Claymore and hit the hilt several times with a sledgehammer. Inside as Sun hoped there was a glowing crystal. He took it and hooked it up to inside the base of the barrel. "This will magnify my light power to power the blast was well as he electronics. Sun handed Wisna a bowl. "I need you to get me one last thing." Wisna replied. "I am just so exited!" "Fill this up from sand from the sandsea." Wisna groaned. "That's going to take all day!" Sun said in reply as Wisna was looking over the changes made to the blue prints. "This will take all day, but fist were can I get some anti-gravity ore?" Wisna scratched his head. "I'm not sure, ask Guilty." Then next second he was gone in a cloud of dust. For the next hour Sun had taken apart the entire machine cleaned it then put it back together. When he was done he asked Guilty about the ore. "Well I would try Death." Guilty said staring into Sarah's eyes. He didn't even look at Sun, which bothered him a bit. Death agreed to give him some ore. "But just because you took care of my dragon problem...." He stepped away into the shadows leaving a bad of the ore. Sun of course had no idea what Death had said. He headed back to the Skycanon and used his new flame power to put a three inch thick bottom on the canon of anti-gravity ore. The canon rose from the ground. Sun then melted metal to make a small engine and rocket booster as well as controls and a seat at the back end. At that time Wisna had returned with the sand. Sun heat blowed it into a glass dome. He then attached it to the back end of the canon. Wisna walked beside him. "You made it a tank!" Wisna got an evil look in his eye. Sun groaned made a dagger ok light and put it in the ignition and started it, then he said. "You want first spin?"

END OF CHAPTER SIX

Though Sun had many adventures, they will not be written. I hereby end this story, this for Sun, was his beginning, it is not the end. But to the story I can finally say:

THE END
Solar
Solar

Back to top Go down